Redeveloped from 3 buildings owned by the Terradas sisters into a single block, Casa de les Punxes is a residence that looks like a medieval castle, with its spiky roof giving its name. It was completed in 1905.
Avinguda Diagonal is a wide road with imposing architecture. While not symmetric, the buildings are generally uniform in height, enhancing the visual appeal looking down the street.
Parròquia de Sant Francesc de Sales is located just off the Diagonal.
Mercat de la Concepcio opened in 1888 to serve this heavily populated part of the city.
[ Barcelona Photo Gallery Main Page ]