Lui Sang Chun is located at a triangular intersection and was originally a shop and home for Mr. Lui Leung, a businessman who moved to Hong Kong from Guangdong. Designed by a Western architect, it incorporates both Western and Chinese architectural influences. Built in 1931, the building became vacant as the family moved out since the 1960s, and was finally donated to the government in 2000.
The Baptist University was selected to preserve the building and converting it into a Chinese medicine centre, which opened in 2012. Modern additions to the site include a new fire escape staircase at the back, glass panel windows to climatise the building, and an elevator for the disabled.