Shek Kip Mei Estate is Hong Kong's first public housing estate, built to house squatters left homeless from a massive fire. The first blocks were built between 1954 and 1955 with an H-shape and shared bathrooms, which were redeveloped into self-contained units in the 1980s. The next section was built in the 1960s with every 2 units sharing a bathroom.
The estate's redevelopment took place in phases from 2000, with the last residents leaving in 2006. Below are photos from 2007 of the vacated blocks that had not been demolished yet.