The Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower is the only part of the old train terminus left today. Completed in 1915, the Edwardian Classicial Revival building stands 44m high and was kept when the terminus was demolished in 1978.
Signal Hill Tower was built by the Observatory in 1908 to provide time for incoming ships. From 1908-1920, every day at 1pm, a copper ball was dropped from the top of the 12.8m tower to tell the time. The ball was dropped twice a day from 1980-1933. While surrounded by tall buildings today, the tower was located on the district's highest point.
Today, the tower is part of the Signal Hill Garden, a quiet and relatively obscure park despite in the heart of the shopping area.
The former Marine Police Headquarters was completed in 1884 and was used for that purpose until 1996. In 2003, the government invited redevelopment proposals for the site and the current revitalization opened in 2009, turning the historic site into a luxury shopping mall.
St. Andrew's Church was completed in 1906 and continues to serve the Anglican community today. It survived World War II as a Shinto shrine and is now somewhat hidden from Nathan Road today.
Next door, the Antiquities and Monuments Office now occupies the old Kowloon British School, which opened in 1902 and is the oldest surviving school for foreign residents. The building has wide verdanas and high ceilings to adapt to Hong Kong's hot and humid weather.
Haiphong Road Temporary Market's cooked food centre closed for renovations in late 2018. After 2 years, it re-opened with some of the original restaurants returning. Interestingly, this temporary market has been around for some 40 years, and is still called that today.
Meanwhile, the food market behind it remains fairly deserted, dilapidated, and uninviting.
In 1954, the Fok family bought a prime piece of land in Tsim Sha Tsui for HKD $1.13 million and built Champagne Court. Completed in 1957, it was the tallest building in Kowloon at the time and became the first in the city to separately sell units instead of by floor. It was a luxurious residence made of 3 and 4-bedroom units initially sold for $20,000 each.
Located next to a theatre that has since been redeveloped, many movie stars once lived here or frequented its shops. Its heyday lasted until the late 1980s. The bottom floors had a nightclub, many camera shops, and Star Cafe, famous for its tomato noodle, while residences started from the 3rd floor. However, as the nightclub scene moved to cheaper places across the border, the building became a prostitution hub in the 90s. Redevelopment interest began in 2011 and by 2019, 80% of the property interest has been bought up by a developer and compulsory land auction for Block B is expected soon.
This wholesale food products store in the basement, once a parking lot, opened in 1989. It is now managed by the owner's son, who studied engineering in the United States and returned to help the family business.