Salisbury Photo Gallery - St. Thomas

St. Thomas is named after Thomas Becket and its history dates back to the early 13th century. Its most famous feature is the doom painting with Christ on the Day of Judgment, which was painted in the 1470s.

Jesus is at the centre of the rainbow and the 12 apostles are below. On one side, angels are helping the dead enter the new Jerusalem, while demons send the damned to Hell on the other side.

King George III gave the organ to Salisbury Cathedral at first, who then gifted it to St. Thomas in 1877.

St Thomas parish was combined with St Edmund in 1974 with the other church becoming the Salisbury Arts Centre. Names of the two parishes' priests are listed as "vestry".

Salisbury Photo Gallery