2007 Flying Summary Gallery
Although I flew a lot in 2007, I tend to fly a select few airlines so didn't have much variety of experiences to talk about. The flights within Asia tend to be short, so I didn't expect much anyway in terms of service. However, I'd think flying short haul is far more painful for the crew since even a 2 hour flight includes a hot meal in this part of the world.
SQ 857 Hong Kong - Singapore
3. Some glimpses of tropical paradise.
4. Business Class food is usually good, but this one was so good I couldn't take much of it. Duck liver is not my thing. Probably expensive, I felt a bit bad I could barely go through half of it.
5. This is more for my taste.
6. Ho Chi Minh City
7. Vietnamese coast appeared for a bit before we got farther from the coastline and soon we were over the sea again.
CX 6880 Hong Kong - Beijing
11. The meal was modest, but the scallop main dish wasn't particularly good.
14. It seems like catering in HK uses Haagen Dazs for many airlines. I've had this for ex-HK flights even for less-reknowned carriers such as Air Canada.
16. Looks cold.
17. Beijing's skyline is not so well defined. There are pockets of skyscraper development here and there but nothing yet to connect them together.
18. I don't see SAS that often from my Asian flights ...
CX 734 Singapore - Hong Kong
20. But then, I don't see that many international airlines parked at SIN.
21. I thought low cost carriers don't fly out of the main terminal?
22. Leaving the tropical moisture behind!
23. Nice ice-cream even for economy class!
24. Xiamen Airlines - I've seen some tour agencies advertise itineraries with this airline, charging less than HK$1000 (US$200) for a 5-day all-inclusive Fujian province tour.
25. EVA Air - a decent airline compared to China Airlines. At least this carrier has a decent safety record.
26. Royal Brunei
27. Air Canada - not exactly an odd visitor, since they do fly daily to Vancouver and Toronto.
28. United's new colours.
29. One2Go - I think they're part of the Orient Thai, whose safety record is fairly questionable.
30. I'd rather fly Thai instead.
31. Air New Zealand is the latest foreign carrier to offer London flights from Hong Kong. I tried them this year and they were OK. Their prices were quite attractive as well, comparable even to discount upstart Oasis.
32. Hong Kong Airlines started off as CR Airways, and I tried them for a flight to Guilin. Service wasn't bad and I got a small cake for breakfast. Today, it still is a low-cost option, but is part of the Hainan Airlines group. Ironically it's not HK-owned anymore.
33. Hong Kong Express is yet another low cost carrier.
34. Finnair - I don't get to see many tail-engined aircraft these days.
MU 5016 Hong Kong - Qingdao
36. Stepping onto the tarmac and onto a waiting bus seems to be a common thing in China.
CX 410 Hong Kong - Seoul Incheon
41. Watching the clouds before diving into my in-flight entertainment.
42. I tend to respond happily with salmon.
43. What do they really do with these arrival cards anyway? Key them in somewhere?
44. Welcome to Incheon, one of my favourite airports to use.
45. Is that a Russian visitor?
CX 411 Seoul Incheon - Hong Kong
47. Incheon's transportation centre is very futuristic!
49. Yes, same ice-cream but different flight. Yummy ...
More plane spotting.
SQ859 Hong Kong - Singapore
55. I wonder if those are the boats to/from Macau?
56. I probably saw these islands before on another Singapore flight.
57. The flight path seemed very similar - here's Vietnam again.
58. Well, this isn't Business Class anymore.
59. However, views were still very nice!
SQ 868 Singapore - Hong Kong
NZ 39 Hong Kong - London Heathrow
67. KLM Asia?
68. ANZ had a very advanced and neat air show!
69. So far so good ..
70. ... even better ...
73. Even Shenzhen is visible!
74. The flight started off so well, but it was still a long long flight to Europe. The meal didn't help make the flight more enjoyable.
75. The deserts in NW China look pretty barren ...
76. ... although there were once signs of water and perhaps life in this corner of the world.
78. I wonder how did they succeed in pushing the desert back?
79. The second meal did get better. The salad was quite good.
81. I expected cloudy skies upon arrival in London. It's the UK after all. However, it didn't seem like a very thick layer of clouds though.
82. OOOOO ...
83. Plane spotting is definitely a lot of fun at Heathrow. They have way too many varieties of aircraft and airlines!
EZY 3461 London Stansted - Copenhagen
84. Unlike Ryanair, easyJet actually provided these safety cards and not have them pasted on the seats.
85. Boarding from the tarmac is standard at Stansted.
86. I don't think this is the Oresund though. Is there another big bridge between Danish territory west of Copenhagen?
87. Copenhagen's airport offers some interesting spotting opportunities, especially since I'm not a frequent visitor to this part of the world.
92. Very nice designs, and very comfortable to use, especially with the metro link to the city that only opened a few months ago.
W6 202 London Luton - Budapest
96. @ Budapest
97. Flight pictures
NZ 38 London Heathrow - Hong Kong
102. Safe flying in 2008!